Next, I started searching for a pumpkin bundt cake recipe, and oh boy, were there plenty. I narrowed my choices down to one, which was from Libby and on http://www.verybestbaking.com/. I wasn't crazy about the glaze that the recipe included and I knew I wanted a pecan glaze so I searched for a glaze that would be perfect. I found the recipe for a glaze on http://www.cooks.com/ and although it did not include pecans, I figured I could just add the pecans in the glaze and I can have a pecan glaze.
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 35 Mins
Cool Time: 30 Mis
Yiels: 12 to 16 Servings
- 1 Package (18.25 ounce) Yellow Cake Mix (I prefer the Pillsbury Butter Recipe Mix)
- 1 Can (15 ounces) Libby's Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix (if you can't find a 15 oz can buy the 30 oz can and you can make two bundt cakes)
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable oil or butter (if using an oil based cake mix use oil, if using a butter based mix use butter)
- 1/2 Cup of butter
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Package Pecans (4- 6 ounces)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 9-1/2 inch bundt pan.
2. Beat cake mix, butter or oil, and eggs.
3. Add 15 ounce can (or half of 30 ounce can) of pumpkin pie mix
4. Mix for 2 minutes until mixed well. Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
6. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.
7. To prepare Carmel glaze combine butter, milk and sugar into sauce pan.