Friday, November 11, 2011

It's been a year

So I realize that it has been nearly a year since I blogged.  So what are my excuses?  I really have no excuses!  Why oh why did I neglect my bog?  Woe is me.  So I promise that I will try to post more regularly, especially with Thanksgiving coming up in two weeks. 

Oh how I <3 Thanksgiving.  I must say this is my favorite holiday.  Why?  Well obviously because I have a lot to be thankful for.  Yes, things could be better.  I could have a bigger house, more money and be 30 pounds lighter, but overall I have a great life and wonderful husband and family so I am thankful for those things.  Secondly, I love cooking Thanksgiving dinner.  I've been cooking Thanksgiving dinner since I was about 13 years old.  Yes, 13 years old.  Thanks in part to a mother who was MIA most of the time, I learned to cook Thanksgiving dinner. 

My menu now is more complex than when I was 13, and I am glad for that...LOL.  I used to put pickles in my stuffing...don't ask me why.  So what is on the menu this Thanksgiving?  Well this is what I have so far:

Appetizers
- Cheese and Crackers
- Pear and Bleu Cheese Tarts
That is all.  I'm am trying to keep the apps light.

Dinner
- Red Mashed Potatoes with BACON
- Corn
- Roasted Green Beans w/Slivered Almonds (because the hubs has to have almonds with his green beens)
- Alton Brown's Best Gravy (I've been saving a bottle of Charbono for this)
- Brown Sugar and Nutmet Carrots
- Orange Cranberry Sauce
- Savory Stuffing w/Sauteed Mushrooms (another request from the hubs)
- Cornbread Stuffing (because it would NOT be Thanksgiving without it)
- The Roasted Good Eats Turkey (Oh thank you Alton Brown!)
- Spiral Ham (Still need to find a good glaze recipe)

Dessert
- Pumpkin Cheesecake

I hope this will be enough food for 15 people.  My aunt is also bringing rolls (since I can't bake rolls to save my life) and Martineli's Apple Cider.

Well, that is all for the day.  I will be sure to post an update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment