Monday, November 15, 2010

Pumpkin Bundt Cake with a Pecan Glaze

I was putting together my Thanksgiving menu and I got to the dessert part.  Hmm...what was I going to make for dessert? Although I love pumpkin, I am not a huge fan of pumpkin pie, so that was out.  I then thought of two options, either a pumpkin bundt cake with a pecan glaze or pumpkin cheesecake also with a pecan glaze.  Pumpkin and pecan, could there be a better combination?  So which would I make first?  Well, since I couldn't find my springform pan I had no other option but to make the bundt cake first. 

Next, I started searching for a pumpkin bundt cake recipe, and oh boy, were there plenty.  I narrowed my choices down to one, which was from Libby and on http://www.verybestbaking.com/.   I wasn't crazy about the glaze that the recipe included and I knew I wanted a pecan glaze so I searched for a glaze that would be perfect.  I found the recipe for a glaze on http://www.cooks.com/ and although it did not include pecans, I figured I could just add the pecans in the glaze and I can have a pecan glaze.

Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 35 Mins
Cool Time: 30 Mis
Yiels: 12 to 16 Servings

Ingredients

Cake
  • 1 Package (18.25 ounce) Yellow Cake Mix (I prefer the Pillsbury Butter Recipe Mix)
  • 1 Can (15 ounces) Libby's Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix (if you can't find a 15 oz can buy the 30 oz can and you can make two bundt cakes)
  • 3 Large Eggs
  • 1/4 Cup Vegetable oil or butter (if using an oil based cake mix use oil, if using a butter based mix use butter)
Glaze
  • 1/2 Cup of butter
  • 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons Milk
  • 1 Package Pecans (4- 6 ounces)
Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.  Grease 9-1/2 inch bundt pan.
2. Beat cake mix, butter or oil, and eggs.

3. Add 15 ounce can (or half of 30 ounce can) of pumpkin pie mix

4. Mix for 2 minutes until mixed well.  Spoon mixture into prepared pan.

5. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into cake comes out clean. 

6. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. 

7. To prepare Carmel glaze combine butter, milk and sugar into sauce pan. 


















8.  Bring to boil. 

9.  Then reduce heat to simmer.  Add pecans.

10.  Simmer for 20 minutes stirring often.

11.  Once glaze is prepared and slightly thickened, remove from heat and top cake with glaze. 

12.  Let glaze cool for 15 to 30 minutes (if you can wait that long).  The longer the glaze sets, the better it taste!
















Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment