Prep Time: 20 Mins
Cook Time: 10-12 Mins
Ready in: 1 Hour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts, or other nuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees for a soft chewy cookie. If you do not want a chewy cookie (these are my favorite) preheat to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.